Honeyed Lamb Cutlets
Serves: 2 | Complexity: very easy
- 4 lamb cutlets
- A little cooking oil
- 1 level dessertspoon plain flour
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 4 fl oz stock
- Small gherkins to garnish
- Brush the cutlets with the oil and place under a hot grill to brown on both sides.
- Reduce the heat and grill until the cutlets are cooked.
- Set aside and keep warm. Using a dessertspoon of the fat from the grill pan, stir in the flour, and cook over low heat until brown, then blend in the lemon juice, honey and stock.
- Cook over brisk heat for about 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Pour the sauce over the cutlets, coating each carefully, and serve garnished with sliced gherkins.