Baked Pears with Honey
Complexity: easy | Serves: 4
- 4 pears
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 15 ml butter
- small pinch ground cloves
- Peel, halve and core the pears.
- Place inner sides up in a baking dish and fill the centres with ½ tablespoon honey and a tiny knob of butter.
- Sprinkle sparingly with ground cloves.
- Make a syrup by stirring 1 tablespoon honey into ½ cup of hot water and pour into the dish around the pears. Bake in a moderate oven, 350°F (180°C) Gas 4, for 20-30 minutes, basting occasionally.
Serve hot with cream