Ready in: 60-90 minutes | Serves: 2 | Complexity: medium
- 400g cup plain flour, 175g cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter, 200g cup of coarsely chopped nuts
- 1tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp each ground allspice, nutmeg, ginger and salt, 4 eggs, 600ml cup of A-1 honey, 250ml cup strong black coffee
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 175°C.
- Grease and flour two 9×5 in 22×12 cm loaf tins and set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Make well in centre, add eggs, honey, coffee and oil, and stir until smooth. Lightly flour nuts and stir into batter. Divide batter between prepared tins and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tins on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool completely on wire rack.
Eat Up 😀